Monday, April 30, 2012

A Dressed Up Apple Tree and More Spring Flowers

I had some field work over the weekend. Spring this year is following a slow stretched out pattern with mostly cool weather still. After months of just sticks, mud and evergreens all the new leaf and blooms captures my attention. Soon the western Washington landscape will be a jungle like place. On one of my ventures, I noted that the native cherry trees were blooming. 

Cherry tree blooms amongst the red alder

Cherry blossoms

Across the pasture I observed an odd looking tree. As I like trees with character, I made a little detour to check it out.

A tree with character

Upon closer inspection, the tree was very thickly covered with moss and lichen
and was an old apple tree




A couple of other spring blooms:
Bleeding heart

Skunk cabbage

No comments: