Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bridge Logistics

Farm to Market Road backed up south of Highway 20
 
Not much I can add to the discussion regarding the I-5 bridge collapse at Mount Vernon and Burlington. There really are not any good alternative routes. I suspect that the shortest detour is likely the best way to go. I got a view of one of the alternative routes (see above) on my return from the Olympic Peninsula. I turned north on Farm to Market which was not impacted in any appreciable manner from the detour.
 
The bridge will add to the logistical equations for Stratum Group as we do lots of work south of the Skagit and I have a project in Mount Vernon this next week. We will have to be clever about trip timing. It also provides a taste of what a large earthquake would do to our transportation network.

No comments: