I have been trying for several years to get California poppies established on the rockery wall between our yard and the alley. Its not a rare plant by any means, but this year I finally had success with seed stuffed in the wall last year. The seeds came from poppies growing out of cracked pavement in Mukilteo.
Mapping Lake Lahontan—with contour lines & color
-
Landscapes past and present emerge from a surveyor's lines, as if by magic.In
1881, Israel Cook Russell set out to map a lake that had been gone for
10,0...
1 week ago

1 comment:
Be careful what you wish for! Once you have an established patch, it will take over. When a few California poppies popped up in my yard about seven/eight years ago, I was thrilled and coddled them along. Now, I pull them out as soon as I see a feathery leafy stem. They overwhelmed every damned area, and the neighbor's yard, too.
Post a Comment