Sunday, March 8, 2015

Political Sunday: Pizza

 
The article included a graphic showing northeast Washington Congressional Representative Cathy McMorris-Rogers is one of the big supporters of pizza. I suspect the pizza money has much to do with her congressional leadership position versus pizza somehow being a bigger deal in northeast Washington than elsewhere.
 
I do have some bias on the eating pizza issue. Sunday is pizza day at my house and has been for a few decades. So yes I love pizza. I do not consider it junk food. But I suspect I do not see things quite the same way as most of the pizza lobby. My other pizza bias is I would never buy pizza from any of the places discussed in the article. With rare exceptions when traveling to say Napoli, I never buy pizza.

This morning I will mix two cups of warm water with two tablespoons of sugar and two teaspoons of yeast, wait 15 minutes and then mix in 6 cups of flour and then knead it to a smooth uniform consistency and leave it for the rest of the day perhaps punching it down once if it is warm. In the evening I will roll out two 14-inch crusts and then get creative. I am sure that excepting the truffle pizza, my pizza would readily meet the vegetable serving criteria sought for school lunches.