Sunday, February 23, 2020

Rain Forest to the Big Dry

This winter has been on the wet side. But despite that my trip to the Hoh River on the west side of the Olympic Range was all sun.

Hoh River and Mount Olympus

Sunshine in the temperate rain forest of Sitka spruce, western hemlock and western red cedar

This view of Olympus was a surprise. I had driven this haul road numerous times but had no sense of the mountains as it was raining on all previous trips 

After a couple days on the outer coast I headed east to the high plains east of Washington and the Rockies to the Big Dry of Montana. I paid lots of attention to the weather reports as I navigated to and from my destinations.



2 comments:

Tiffany Davidson said...

Oh I can tell I will really be enjoying your blog. Happy to've found it! We live on the Olympic Peninsula right now, but have a particular love for The Columbia Highlands of north-central/eastern WA state. Hoping to find a post on here about the Okanogan Highlands :) Off to peruse now!

Daemoans said...

Hi thanks forr sharing this