Friday, July 15, 2011

Rainier, Adams and Hood Rise Above the Gloom

Mount Rainier with Mount Adams to the left and Mount Hood to the right in the fuzzy distance

I was traveling and had this nice view of a few of the strato volcanoes rising above the cloud cover across western Washington and most of the Cascade Range. Rainier is the highest peak in Washington State at over 14,000 feet. Adams is the second highest at over 12,000 feet. Hood is the highest peak in Oregon at over 11,000 feet.  

Posting will pick up as field work permits.


2 comments:

Dave Wenning said...

Dan, the last post I received in my "Follow" feeds was on July 5th, "Summer in Washington State..." Did something change after that? I can find no problem on my end. Let me know at http://fidalgoweather.blogspot.com/p/contact-us.html Thanks.

Dan McShane said...

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Apparently some problem on blogger that has yet to be fixed, but can be fixed if location tags are removed. And then only some locations. I am not the only one having a problem, but for now it is fixed.