Monday, July 22, 2013

The Homeless Landscape

I visited a proposed redevelopment project site that involved some early stage recon work. The site is fully within a city and has been within the city for well over 75 years. The site was previously developed, but the original development has been long gone and the site has been vacant for at least 30 years. That said, the site has been and is being utilized as residential property - just not the kind planners typically think of.





The site has lots of cover and is hidden, but being in the city has access to services. I was fairly sure I would encounter some encampments at this site before going. I have learned to recognize the features that attract the homeless. This site was better than others I have seen and in the summer not so rough. 

No comments: